Wow. It’s 2015. Christmas break has come and gone. And I start a new semester today! Yay!
Of course, going back to school also means no more Mom-cooked meals or relaxed schedules. So it’s back to quick and easy college-girl meals that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Like today’s….
Turkey Melt Carrots
(You knew I had to throw a carrot recipe at you sometime, didn’t you? 😉 )
I don’t know if I can even call this a recipe, because it’s so simple….
- Enough carrots to cover a plate in a single-layer
- One slice of cheese of your choice
- One slice of turkey sandwich meat
- Layer the carrots over the plate (you can basically use as many or as few as you want, just so long as it’s a single layer)
- Cut/tear up the cheese and turkey into small pieces and scatter evenly over the carrots
- Sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 3 minutes
- Enjoy! But don’t burn your tongue….
And there you have it! A quick and healthy, protein- and veggie-rich meal or snack!
What’s your quick and healthy go-to meal?
What was your favorite meal or food over Christmas break?
Oh dear…that’s a hard one. I don’t know if I can choose just one thing, but Mom’s biscuits and gravy on Christmas morning are always one of my favorites.